[MLton-devel] FFI real as float? Also a note to Anoq.

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:44:58 -0700

> What I don't understand is why the bug is just showing up now, since
> I checked in those _imports over a month ago.

Now I understand.  Yesterday's checkin also changed overloads.sml.  in
particular, it added Int64 functions to the overloaded ones.  That
means that any use of an overloaded function, e.g. mod, will bring in
the code for Int{8,16,32,64} mods, because the dead code elimination
happens before overloading resolution.  Then, after overloading
resultion figures out we want Int32.mode, the later dead code
eliminates everything but the _import.

So, I think the right fix is to keep Int64 functions out of the
overloads until they are completely implemented.