[MLton-devel] Regression of 20030502 ?

Alain Deutsch deutsch@polyspace.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:13:13 +0200

--------------060800070206070208030408

We have witnessed a regression (or at least a semantic change) of
20030502 wrt 20030312 : the behaviour in -basis 1997 mode differs in the
following scenario:

    1) start a server which listen on a socket;
    2) accept a connection;
    3) apply canInput on the corresponding instream.

The newer MLton does not seem to wait, and the corresponding canInput
says that nothing is available, with errno=11, as if the instream
generated from the accept() call had been opened in nonblocking mode.
Looking at the cvs diffs, I was wondering if it could arise from the
activation of the new IO.

Thanks for your help.

--------------060800070206070208030408

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
We have witnessed a regression (or at least a semantic change) of 20030502
wrt 20030312 : the behaviour in -basis 1997 mode differs in the following
scenario:<br>
2) accept a connection;<br>
3) apply canInput on the corresponding instream.<br>
The newer MLton does not seem to wait, and the corresponding canInput says
that nothing is available, with errno=11, as if the instream generated from
the accept() call had been opened in nonblocking mode. Looking at the cvs
diffs, I was wondering if it could arise from the activation of the new IO.<br>
Thanks for your help.<br>