[MLton-devel] intInf ??

Allyn Dimock dimock@deas.harvard.edu
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 23:57:34 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to get a chunk of the SML/NJ compiler to compile under MLton.
There were the usual SML/NJ problems, which I have mostly fixed.
I have now hit a problem that puzzles me:

[dimock@localhost compiler]$ mlton elab-trans-mlton.cm
FLINT/trans/matchcomp.sml:245.6-245.15 Error: unify: type constructors not equal   t1: int
   t2: intInf
compilation aborted: type check reported errors

The code compiles under SML/NJ.  The line causing the error message is:

	    INT32pcon (LN.int32 s)

where s        : IntInf.int
      LN.int32 : IntInf.int -> Int32.int
      INT32pcon: Int32.int -> pcon

grepping doesn't turn up any "intInf" in the files that I am using.
Looking at the http://sml.sourceforge.net/Basis/int-inf.html and at
http://www.standardml.org/Basis/int-inf.html I see an "int" type (from
include INTEGER) but no "intInf" type.  (I assume that one of these
sites is the last word on the basis library.)

Did IntInf.int change to IntInf.intInf in a version of the basis
library that is not yet available on sml.sourceforge.net/Basis/ ?

I tried compiling with -basis 1997, but I get a different error in
less time compiling that way (ElabData/types/tuples.sml:26.3-31.6
Error: structure Vector in signature but not in structure).

(I am using a copy of MLton that I got from mlton-20030312-1.i386.rpm)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-- Allyn
   dimock@cs.uml.edu