[MLton-devel] self compile -loop-passes 2

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 23:38:28 -0700

To finish up the -loop-passes 2 experiments, I compiled MLton with
-loop-passes 2 and then used that to compiled MLton normally.  Here's
the time and allocation for the resulting self compile:

Compile SML finished in 238.94 + 77.04 (24% GC)
total allocated: 23,083,073,952 bytes

This is a decent, but not spectacular, improvement over a self compile
with a normal (i.e. -loop-passes 1) MLton:

Compile SML finished in 262.97 + 72.35 (22% GC)
total allocated: 23,189,317,856 bytes