[MLton-devel] basis library question: WordArray

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:09:05 -0400 (EDT)

> One thing I'm not clear on from the basis library spec is whether
> WordArray is allowed as a toplevel structure.
> Thoughts?

I agree that a strict reading of the basis doesn't allow WordArray.  I'll
remove it from the MLton implementation.  But, I also agree with Henry
that it is rather artificial to have IntArray and RealArray but no
WordArray.  (Also, the absence of Large{Int,Real,Word}Array seems to be an
oversight.)