[MLton-devel] mGTK for MLton

Matthew Fluet MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:21:12 -0500 (EST)

> I am thinking about how to respond to Ken.  Feel free to add your
> thoughts on our list and I'll incorporate them into my response.

Finalized values would seem to be the most difficult.  A quick look at
Moscow ML seems to indicate that they don't have a threading model; I
wonder if callbacks in MLton would be better handled by threads.  But,
certainly getting to the point where C could call SML would be a good
thing.  I wonder if the allocation of SML aggregate values could be
handled the way they are in the basis-library -- static variables on the C
side that hold values while they are copied to ML.

Just a few quick thoughts.  If anything else occurs to me, I'll pass it
on.