[MLton-devel] Re: [MLton-user] new release of MLton

Anoq of the Sun MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:51:57 +0200

Hello!

Nice to see a new release! :) Until now I have been buried in exams
at uni. I finished the last one (for this exam period) last friday -
but I still have a lot for the summer.

I was trying to do the Windows-port some time ago (which we talked about)
but got stuck in having to install my gcc cross-compiler on my new machine
(to avoid risking to destroy my old setup, which at least works
with older MLtons). Basically I need to move my CVS-repository to the new
machine - due to the ever so crappy network I set up here :) - and the
fact that the old HD is more or less broken (starting to loose data...).

Anyway. I have not given up hope of the Windows port :)
I've just been very busy and had a few practical things against me...

I have ambitions of getting the CVS-repository moved in a near future
(while I am still able to allocate at least a little time to these things).
I will write to you when I have a machine set up where I'm confindent
that I can do the whole port to the end without getting stuck by silly things.

Do you have any ideas of whether it would be a good or a bad time right now
to incorporate the port? (w.r.t. the plans of MLton I mean). Because it
just might be possible for me to do this within the next month or so :)

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com