[MLton-devel] question

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:44:08 -0800

> I am a ML beginner. I have a question about the output syntax.
> For example, if I want to ouput a long 'a list, it just displays a part of
> the list, this is, most of them are omitted. Is there any method to
> show them out?

Hi.  It looks like you are using some SML system other than MLton,
which does not have a default pretty printer.  For general questions
about SML (or about other systems) your best bet is to post to
comp.lang.ml rather than send to MLton@mlton.org.  In any case, here
is an example of how to print the elements of an int list.

List.app
  (fn x => (print (Int.toString x); print "\n"))
  (List.tabulate (10, fn i => i));

I hope this helps.  Feel free to send MLton@mlton.org mail if you have
any questions about using MLton.