[MLton-devel] IO libraries

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sat, 3 May 2003 09:07:35 -0400 (EDT)

> Why does the MLton user guide list as missing the following functions?
>
> BinIO.{getPosIn,scanStream,setPosIn}
> TextIO.{getPosIn,setPosIn}
>
> I don't see them in the 2002 library spec.

The *PosIn functions were in the 1997 library spec.  Since I never enabled
the new IO, I never changed the user guide relative to IO.  As for
BinIO.scanStream, I suspect it was a cut-n-paste error; it's been in
basis.tex since March 29, 2002 (the initial check in of BinIO).

Which I guess means that we need to thread the PosIn functions over to the
basis 1997 libs.