[MLton-devel] Time.time can be negative now

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:25:23 -0400 (EDT)

> Did people notice that Time.time can now encode negative values?  It just
> struck me because of all the problems we had before in connection with the
> Linux CPU clock running backwards and exceptions being raised as a result.

Yes, I did notice that when I updated the basis library.  There is a note
in the user's guide on Basis1997 that notes that since Basis1997 is a
quick and dirty hack over Basis2002, we won't quite match the old spec in
that the appropriate exceptions on negative values won't be raised.  I
also included a couple of questions on Time in the Basis Library
questions to Reppy (of course, with no reply).