[MLton-devel] Re: [MLton-user] ffi pointer lifetime

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:30:54 -0400 (EDT)

> I almost always end up freeing things in exactly the inverse order in which
> they are allocated.  I.e., it really is a stack-like discipline.  In the
> case of non-circular graphs, isn't that what you would want, not a queue?
> (Talking about finalization order here.)

Yeah, you are right, you want to run the finalizers in reverse install
order.  In any event, though, the way the function installed as handleGC
is written right now, we will reverse the order of processing every time
through a GC.