[MLton-devel] Re: [MLton-user] ffi pointer lifetime

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 12:57:08 -0700

> It is all a bit weird since counting on finalization order is definitely a
> bad idea any way.

I agree with this.  I think this makes it a good idea to do what we do
now with the reversal every time, or something equally bizarre, and
require the user to build additional structure on top of finalization
if they want a particular order.  And document that finalization order
is unspecified.