[MLton] Status of MLton releases and merging MinGW target?

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 11:23:36 +0200

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> It would be much better to work from the CVS.  That way, it will be
> easier for me to check in changes and for you to immediately work with
> them.

OK - I just did a CVS checkout right now (approx. time: 2003-11-08 11:09)
and I will work from this :)

> For Cygwin and SPARC, I do a cross
> compile from a Linux machine.  For the rest, I do a native bootstrap
> from clean sources.  The cross-compilation stuff is nasty, so over
> time, I would like to move everything away from it.

Actually I would very much like to keep the cross-compile facilities! :)

I don't care so much about cross-compiling the compiler itself - but
cross-compiling Windows applications from Linux is really nice.
It is (in my opinion :) much easier to compile to all platforms from
the same development environment.

Maybe the model you mention of compiling only the asm on the target
platform is also quite simple. At least you won't have the hazzle
of messing with wierd file-path-syntax differences in the whole
project managemnt etc. I don't know if this would facilitate
compilation with the SDL-library and stuff like that?

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com