[MLton] Few problems with porting...

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:18:01 -0500 (EST)

> > Yes, recent changes tickled a long-standing SSA simplifier bug, which is
> > the error you are seeing.  Steve described the problem in a little more
> > detail in a recent commit:
> > http://www.mlton.org/commitlog
>
> I have now discovered that in addition to tickling the SSA bug, the
> code was just plain wrong when compiling with the stubs.  Matthew and
> I didn't see this because we first built the early version with the
> stubs and then built the later version without stubs.

Did this lead to a problem with exporting the world?  That might why I was
getting problems trying to use by stablize script, which starts of using
the stubs.

> > We've been using the working versions of SML/NJ for a long time.  The
> > current CVS MLton sources work with SML/NJ 110.43; the changes to work
> > with SML/NJ 110.44 are trivial.
>
> If you've done these could you go ahead and check them in.  I'd be
> happy to upgrade.

Did so.  The major change is that CM now uses the directory .cm to store
the compiled code (by default; it is an install time setting), rather than
CM.  Everyone needs to add .cm to their .cvsignore files.