[MLton] Few problems with porting...

Anoq of the Sun anoq@HardcoreProcessing.com
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:00:38 +0200

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> In any case, I have checked in a fix.  Fortunately, this fix no longer
> tickles the SSA bug, which was probably triggering due to lots of dead
> code, so you can once again compile the cvs HEAD with older MLtons.

Cool! After a cvs update I can now compile my own modified code without
problems :)

Matthew Fluet wrote:
> Hopefully, we will very soon transition to a point were we don't need
> SML/NJ to check the basis.  The new MLton type-checking front-end has
> already uncovered a few subtle errors in the basis implementation.

OK - I will not bother to do the check-basis then. It was just to be
sure to catch any mistakes in the very few changes I'm making.
Do I need to set any compiler flag to enable the type-checking or
is it now on by default?

Cheers
--
http://www.HardcoreProcessing.com