[MLton] gmp for MinGW?

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:27:09 -0800

> I have now hit a point in the porting where I'm not sure what
> to do. When running bin/add-cross for MinGW I get a problem at
> some point in runtime/basis/IntInf.c that it cannot find "gmp.h".
> I'm not sure how gmp is supposed to be installed for
> cross compiling.

gmp.h and libgmp.a must be in target include and lib dirs.  If you are
cross compiling, then they must be in /usr/<target>/{include,lib} on
the source machine.  With the new strategy in add-cross of shipping
stuff to the target machine for compilation, they should be on the
target machine in /usr/{include,lib}.

> What do you do for Cygwin?

I have /usr/include/gmp.h and /usr/lib/libgmp.a on my Cygwin machine.