[MLton] experimental release 20031118

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:09:17 -0800

I just put up a new experimental release, 20031118.  One of the main
goals is to get some wider testing of the new front end.  There are
still some known problems, as listed on the web site.

Cygwin is unavailable because of the problem that Bin Li and a couple
of others with building the world.  I've done some investigating and
found that the call to open to create the world file is mysteriously
failing, despite having perfectly valid arguments.  It's looking more
and more like a Cygwin bug to me.  If anyone wants to investigate on
their own, please do.

Debian is unavailable because of the bug that Roland Stigge reported.
It looks like a problem in the include files for some other Debian
package, but I haven't had much time to investigate.

The socket stuff we're working on and looks easy to solve.

The Int64 and -basis 1997 problems should also be pretty easy.

I'll look into all of these, and continue working on the front end,
when I return from my upcoming trip, with an eye towards a public
release at the end of December.