[MLton-devel] spamassassin stuff in subject line

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 23:13:00 +0200

Quoting Stephen Weeks (sweeks@sweeks.com):

> > I am trying to understand why we got all that spamassassin junk in
> > Jesper's subject line.  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Since it didn't appear in mine, it looks like it was in the original
> mail that Jesper sent.  So I don't think it's a problem with the
> mailing list setup.  I'm guessing it was Jesper's mailer.

It was. Somehow vi decided to concat the subject with the next line
and I was not aware when I sent it.

For the which(1) case, I suggest we hold that off for a bit and stop
shoting in the blind. It is my belief that the error is not portability
in the MLton makefiles, but a wrong which(1) in NetBSD. I have looked
at it and it does not seem too hard to port the OpenBSD which(1) to
NetBSD (in fact those 2 operating systems share quite a lot of code).

The problem is the timeline from a port of ''proper''-which(1) to
it exists inside the NetBSD source tree and is propagated to the
stable branch of NetBSD. I expect it to go into -current, which
is currently some time off before it is changed to the stable branch.

In any case, I can easily do workarounds for the stuff, and although
it would be nice to have a portable solution I dont think a single
port should introduce ''clever'' hacks to the code when which(1) exists
and NetBSD does not follow intended semantics.

--
j.