[MLton-devel] Memory Leak in StreamIO functor

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:27:19 -0700

Hi Jared.

> This is a bug report with a short patch against MLton-20030716
> Poking in the basis library source, I found that the StreamIO functor was
> keeping track of open instreams to close on exit by placing newly created
> instreams in a list.  This, naturally, is bad.  I made a simple fix that
> clears the buf field before placing an instream in the list.  It follows.

Thanks for the bug report, analysis, and the patch.  I've checked in
fix to our CVS.  I ended up going with a slightly different solution,
but used roughly the same idea as in your patch.

Let us know if you have any more problems.  (or successes :-)