[MLton] Re: [MLton-devel] MLton HOL

Joe Hurd joe.hurd@comlab.ox.ac.uk
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:59:01 +0100 (BST)

I added the

exception Interrupt = SML90.Interrupt

line, and now mlton is taking >1hour and >700Mb on a 512Mb machine :-(
[It seems to get very stuck at "knownCase starting", it's been sat
there for at least an hour of wall clock time, or at least 20mins CPU
time.]

> Please give 20031018 a try.

So I thought I'd migrate to a 1.5Gb machine, and upgrade to mlton
20031018. I like the new output of -show-basis true, but unfortunately
I'm having trouble compiling even small programs:

thalamus:~$ mlton
MLton 20031018 (built Sat Oct 18 12:40:25 2003 on redhat71)
thalamus:~$ cat t.sml
val _ = LESS = GREATER;
thalamus:~$ mlton t.sml
thalamus:~$ mlton -basis 1997 t.sml
Error: t.sml 1.14: undefined variable =
compilation aborted: elaborate reported errors

There are lots of

Error: t.sml 1.14: undefined variable =

errors when I try to compile my programs.

Joe