[MLton] Papers for improved closure representation?

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis@mongers.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:00:48 +0200

Quoting Stephen Weeks (sweeks@sweeks.com):

> The idea is at a much higher level and has to do with how the free
> variables are represented, especially when they are bound to other
> known lambdas.  The idea is suitable for implementation in the current
> closure conversion pass that maps a monomorphic higher-order IL
> (called SXML in MLton) into a monomorphic first-order IL (called SSA
> in MLton).

I havent had the time to look into this deeply yet, but now I like that
I read about semantics so I can understand what is going on ;)

The MLton-tshirt arrived today. Thanks! I will send a link to a webpage
shortly. Containing t-shirt, I, and whatever background that is
suitable.

--
j.