[MLton-devel] CVS not responding

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:17:25 -0700

I've not seen the problem you see.  But I do see occasional hangs.
Last Friday, August 29, the Sourceforge Site update included the
following:

> First, in the last sitewide email I described our CVS performance
> issues and the solution we are introducing to fix them.  The
> performance increase I spoke of (600%+ increase) is just days away
> from being deployed.  The new systems are now in place, additional
> electrical power has been added to our colocation cage, and the
> Linux boxes are in their final stages of configuration.  Hang in
> there.  Help is on the way.

So, they are clearly aware of problems.  I don't know if what they are
doing will fix the problem, but I am optimistic.

I am also thinking of moving the cvs server and mailing lists to the
same hosting service that I use for www.mlton.org.  I would guess
something will happen along those lines in the next few months.