[MLton-devel] cvs commit: Int64

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:19:37 -0700

> For the internal version, I think Int64 is fine, but before we do a
> release with it, we need to do something about Int64.*, which right now
> just raises a Fail exception.

Actually it doesn't.  Primitive.Int64.* does, but integer/patch.sml
fixes it to use IntInf.*, which will do the right thing, albeit
somewhat slowly.  I'm OK with that for a first release, although I'd
rather have a faster version.

Matthew, any progress on getting the Int64 primitives into the x86
codegen?

Henry, this is a reminder that you should look at int-inf.sml and fix
places where you had to work around the absence of overflow
detection.  I saw a couple while I was investigating the Int64 stuff.