[MLton] Debian package (was: Finished (?) MLton.Child)

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:41:08 -0600

You can use the bash built-in ulimit to limit how big a process can grow, so
at least your machine won't become unusable:
	ulimit -d x to set max data size in K-bytes
	ulimit -l x to set max locked memory in K-bytes
	ulimit -m x to set max memory size in K-bytes
	ulimit -s x to set max stack size in K-bytes
	ulimit -v x to set max virtual memory in K-bytes
I wonder if it really is a RAM problem.  All of my real machines have ECC,
but for my laptop that isn't really an option.  Did you ever try compiling
a linux kernel?  A segfault there used to be the standard way to test RAM.