[MLton] new MLton from Debian

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:43:20 -0800

> I just upgraded my Debian laptop and noticed, to my surprise, that I got the
> new MLton installed.  I run Testing, and the information at
> 	http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mlton.html
> says that it still isn't in Testing yet, but I certainly got it.
> Any notion what is going on?

Yesterday, I closed the bug that was keeping MLton out of testing.  We
decided it was not a bug in MLton, but rather a bug elsewhere that was
was causing the kernel to incorrectly terminate the MLton process even
though there was RAM available.  The problem only showed up on a 512M
RAM machine (or with Wesley's bad RAM).

I suspect the Debian web pages will get updated within 24hrs to
reflect that MLton 20041109 has made it into testing.