[MLton] linking with GnuMP

Raymond Racine rracine@adelphia.net
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:10:35 -0500

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 21:05, Henry Cejtin wrote:
> I suppose that I must agree that the current cruft is just too ugly as well
> as not actually working, so it makes sense to just use -lgmp even if bignums
> aren't used.

I bumped into -lgmp and how things were set for Linux in main.fun awhile
back getting mlton to c-codegen on an opteron under FC-3_64 (32 bit
compiling) and then stopped there.  I think the problem I ran into was
the the -lgmp was hardcoded ahead of the bin/milton options or something
like that.

Just yesterday I was poking at it again to see about getting native gen
going.  It may be as simple as getting -m32 -tune=opteron in the
Assemble phase gcc call. I couldn't see away to do this without jumping
into main.fun, rebuilding mlton on my laptop, moving it up the
opteron,....

Is there a way to pass gcc options to Assemble phase via bin/mlton or
via another method.

Ray