[MLton] Re: MLton problems on FreeBSD

Thierry Thomas thierry@FreeBSD.org
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:36:05 +0100

Le Ven 24 déc 04 à  0:33:01 +0100, Stephen Weeks <sweeks@sweeks.com>
 écrivait :

> > It seems that <http://www.mlton.org/download/> is redirected towards
> > <http://mlton.org/download/>.
>
> Yep.
>
> > Perhaps MASTER_SITES should be updated?
>
> Yes, I have done so in our FreeBSD Makefile.
>
> > It would be better that you submit a PR (send-pr) with the diff.
>
> OK.  Should we first figure out a Makefile that works, or should I
> send-pr my first attempt, and then we'll work from there?  As I
> recall, last time it took 5 or so iterations before we had a working
> one.  Here's my starting point.

It's better :) Now it can be fetched, but id does not match distinfo:

=> mlton-20040429-1.i386-freebsd.tgz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
=> Attempting to fetch from http://mlton.org/pages/Download/attachments/.
mlton-20040429-1.i386-freebsd.tgz             100% of 3730 kB   95 kBps 00m00s
=> mlton-20041109-1.freebsd.src.tgz is not in /usr/ports/lang/mlton/distinfo.
=> Either /usr/ports/lang/mlton/distinfo is out of date, or
=> mlton-20041109-1.freebsd.src.tgz is spelled incorrectly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/mlton.

We needed several iterations for the first time, because it was an
unusual and complicated port, but just for an update, it should be
simple, and you should send a PR directly.

Some remarks:

- it's easier if you send a diff -u, thus we can see what has been
updated. If you are not using a CVS, just do:
cd /usr/ports/lang
cp -Rp mlton mlton.orig
cd mlton && [hack your port...]
cd /usr/ports
diff -urN lang/mlton.orig lang/mlton > /tmp/mlton.diff

- please don't reset the RCS tag to $FreeBSD$;

- I don't understand why you do not use ${SORT}.

Merry christmas!
--
Th. Thomas.