[MLton] RE: [MLton-user] beta testers wanted

Mike Thomas mike.thomas@brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:59:38 +1000

Hi there.

| > I replied to Stephen's email of last week over the weekend from home
| > but it doesn't seem to have gone through to the mailing list.
|
| There are two messages from you in the archive at
|
| 	http://www.mlton.org/pipermail/mlton/2004-January/thread.html
|
| and I don't see anything in my spam folders that looks like it is from
| you.

Woops - I didn't realise that I'm on the users list rather than the dev list
and that I had actually replied to an email from the dev list.

| One thing I want to make sure of before including it is the
| copyright/license.  The old MOSMLGL stuff copyright was held by you
| and the license was "Free for all to use and modify as they wish".
| Those are both fine with us, I just want to make sure it is still the
| case.

Yes.

| > This has the dual advantages that it will be integrated into your
| > system from the start so that you can release it as part of your
| > package ASAP and also test it on Linux etc, and also that once the
| > interface has reached a reasonable level of functionality I can
| > safely palm it off onto your excellent selves without any further
| > ado.
|
| Makes sense.  But hopefully we can keep you around for help.

Sure.  I'm trying to avoid overcommitment to projects at the moment - I'm
particularly bogged down in the GNU Common Lisp project at a level I never
intended and to the detriment of projects more near to my own interests -
Its a worthy project, but I don't want a repeat experience!

| Also, if
| you can include some regression tests that will help.

Am writing library bindings as I write test/example programs so hopefully
that will do the trick.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.