[MLton] threads and traces

Lukasz S Ziarek lziarek@cs.purdue.edu
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:26:15 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

I am examining the possibility of creating a tracing utility for
multi-threaded programs (ie creating some sort of barrier for reads and
writes to shared objects, context switch points, locks and unlocks, in
mlton's case atomic begin/end.). Unfortunately I dont seem to be able to
find much documentation on the mlton scheduler/multi-threaded support.
From the user guide, it seems like I will have to code up my own
scheduler. Any ideas where best to imbed the barriers? For that matter,
should this type of utily extend the main compiler or the profiler,
opinions?

thanks
Luke