[MLton] Re: [MLton-user] Re: fork() in MLton on Cygwin

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:38:15 -0700

> > There is a fix for the Cygwin fork/mmap bug in the
> > current (20040715 and later) developer snapshot
> > (cygwin.com/snapshots).
>
> Thanks.  I don't think we'll be able to incorporate these diffs until the
> fix makes it's way into an official (non-developer) release.

I checked in a fix to gc.c to use mmap on Cygwin.  I left in the old
stuff and used an #ifdef so that we can switch back or use
VirtualAlloc on other platforms if we need.

Since Cygwin releases come every few months or so, they should have a
release by the time we do.  Even if not, I don't think it will hurt
people who use the old dll -- it's just the newly enabled fork that
will fail.