[MLton] Win32 Spawn's Seem Broken

Brent Fulgham bfulg@pacbell.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephen Weeks <sweeks@sweeks.com> wrote:

> > * I wrote a simple BAT file that invokes MLton (in
> > similar, but not totally equivalent) fashion to
> the
> > Bash front-end.  It needs work, probably by
> someone
> > well-versed in BAT scripting (which I am not).
>
> I am wondering why a BAT script is necessary, given
> the existence of
> MSYS and the shells it provides.

You are correct that MSYS is superior to the standard
DOS shell.  However, one goal with a Mingw port of
MLton is really to get a "native" MLton that does not
rely on a unix-compatibility layer.

> when you are ready.  But I couldn't figure out how
> to get an sshd
> running.  Of course I could get one if I installed
> Cygwin, but I would
> like to keep the system as clean as possible.  Do
> you know how to get
> an sshd running on top of MinGW?

When I'm back in town I'll take a look at my setup.
As I recall, I found a Win32-native sshd that I used.

-Brent