[MLton] the next public release

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 15:39:19 -0700

It's been a little over five months since our last public release, so
I'd like to start thinking about when our next release should be and
what it should include.  Here are improvements that are either already
done or will be done in time.

* New platforms: MinGW, OpenBSD
* MLB files
* Bytecode compiler
* New libraries: CML
* New basis modules: {Int,Word}{2,...,31}
* Representation improvements: packing, flattening

I'm thinking we can shoot for an experimental release in 3-4 weeks,
and a public release in September, if all goes well.

Please send mail about problems with the improvements I've listed,
other improvements that I've missed, or other issues that might affect
the timing.