[MLton] compiler dependencies

Henry Cejtin henry@sourcelight.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:01:37 -0500

I am sure that everyone who knows me at all knows how incredibly boring I am
in my anti-Microsoft feelings.  I really don't like the idea of using any of
their software to do any thing.  They are evil and largely incompetant.  They
have been that way since the days of their basic compiler and remain so
today.
Sorry, I know many people who use their stuff, and they certainly have some
very smart good people in their research group, but I haven't used any thing
of theirs for decades, except sadly having to boot their OS on a laptop to
upgrade the BIOS because the manufacturer (IBM, no less) could not take the
time to make a Free-DOS bootable floppy/CD to do it.