[MLton] Packing and IntInf

Daniel C. Wang danwang@CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed, 19 May 2004 12:49:12 -0400

Perhaps, a more interesting question to ask. Is given the new bit-packing
optimization. Is there any compelling reason not to implement IntInf.int
purely in SML and ditch the GNU GMP stuff. (Other than all the work needed
to implement things again.... )

BTW is the GNU GMP stuff the main reason MLTon is licensed under the GPL?
Not that I have a problem with the GPL, but just curious of there GMP is the
only reason.

{stuff deleted}