[MLton] questions on mlton

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:20:06 -0800

Hi Heath.  Matthew forwarded your mail to the MLton developer list,
which is the best place to send MLton-related questions and to catch
the eyes of all the MLton developers.  I'll add my 2 cents to his
response.

> I'm interested in using CML with mlton on the x86 with OpenBSD.

MLton/CML doesn't use the underlying OS threads -- it uses its own
threads.  So, we hope that CML on OpenBSD is no different than CML on
other platforms.  MLton/CML does rely on the OS's signal handlers in
order to implement preemption.

> Also, I'm wondering if there are any resources related to mlton's
> runtime requirements.

There is almost no documentation of the MLton runtime system.  If you
ask questions, we'll write answers and start adding documentation to
the wiki.