[MLton] wiki User Guide

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:56:43 -0800

I made a first pass at wikifying the MLton User Guide.

	http://wiki.mlton.org/UserGuide

Feel free to start making corrections.

I was quite happy with the ease of the process and with the
flexibility of the wiki markup language.  I also found going to the
wiki helped to break the document into more manageable chunks for web
viewing.

My thinking for building the User Guide snapshot for a release and for
making a printable version is to write a simple tool (probably in
Python) as part of the wiki that can take a table-of-contents-like
page (like UserGuide) and generate a single html page including all of
the directly linked-to pages, all with nice section numbering and
cross referencing.  It doesn't sound hard -- we'll see what happens
when I start.  If anyone knows of such a tool that already exists,
please send mail.