[MLton] MLton wiki

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:58:42 -0400 (EDT)

> > Here is a policy. I don't know if you can enforce it or not but.
> > Every user editable page has a particular backgroud color that
> > cannot be hidden or easily spoofed by just using the Wiki formating
> > commands.  All new pages created by untrusted users inhert the this
> > background color.  All trusted pages are locked except by trusted
> > users. This prevents page spoofing and keeps the Wiki pretty open.
>
> This makes sense, but I'm not sure about counting on users to notice
> the difference between "trusted" and "untrusted" pages.

I don't know.  I think something as simple as changing the color of the
banner would be noticeable, but not glaring.

> Anyways, for experimenting, I have now turned on the simples
> access-control scheme I could think of (other than none :-), in which
> you must be a trusted user to edit.  See
>
> 	http://wiki.mlton.org/AccessControl

This seems a bit limiting, for all pages.  I like Dan's policy, which
essentially encourages official MLton pages and un-official MLton pages.
We should strive to keep the official pages to a minimum.  I don't know if
MoinMoin can support "immutable" sections of individual pages, which would
be an alternative.