[MLton] power pc "port"

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 00:03:06 -0700

> Can someone give me an estimate of how long they take on a fairly
> average PC?

one hour

> Going by your comments and comments from Stephen, I wrote a simple test in
> C that goes as follows:
> Is this the right test to have done, or did I misunderstand?

It's tough to read much into your test, since gcc will likely simplify
everything away at compile time.  It would be better to test calls to
the library routines in separately compiled C files, as they are in
libmlton.  You could have your C code call Word{8,16,32,64}_{quot,rem}
and link with libmlton.a.  Running through all pairs of args from -100
to 100 should be a pretty good test.