[MLton] cvs commit: C types now distinguish between signed and unsigned words

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:47:12 -0700

> Question: now that primitive.sml has _prim "MLton_share" in it,
> which is not recognized by my version of MLton, how do I bootstrap?

In general, it is easiest to do a clean bootstrap, which will build a
version of the new MLton using an old verision, and then use that new
MLton (which handles MLton_share) to process the basis.  Since you're
in a special situation, it may be easier to put a stub in for
MLton_share, compile using your current MLton, revert the stub back to
_prim, and then make basis to put the new basis in place.