[MLton] should Date.{fromString,scan} allow space instead of zero?

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:38:24 -0700

> I love the notion of a wrapper around the official basis.  The only argument
> against it (and I think this isn't a trivial one) is that it means when you
> see code like
> 	... Int.toString ...
> the semantics are NOT going to be what one would expect from the standard
> basis spec.

I don't see the big deal since you would have explicitly put something
like the following in your mlb file.

$(MLTON_ROOT)/basis/basis-improved.mlb

> I don't know what to do about that.  At the moment my code does things like
> 	Fixed.Int.toString
> just to make it clear in ths source what is going on.  Not a great solution.

You could certainly put all the structures exported by
basis-improved.mlb into a single structure called Fixed if you want.