[MLton] self-compile blues

Filip Pizlo pizlo@purdue.edu
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:21:19 -0500 (EST)

FYI, doing make all-no-docs worked fine on our lab's dual-G5 wwith 8 GB of
RAM.  (I didn't want to take chances, so I picked the biggest machine we
have.)  This was after I recompiled the C code that was generated on
Luke's machine using -O1.

That G5 is not so many orders of magnitude faster than my G4 that using it
alone would explain the drastic performance difference, so I will try
again on the G4 using the version built with -O1 instead of -Os.  I'll
also try to investigate the memory usage issues some more.

--
Filip Pizlo
http://bocks.psych.purdue.edu/