[MLton] upcoming release

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 20:15:49 -0400 (EDT)

> > NLFFI received only mediocre support in the 2005 Survey, and I'm
> > happy enough to let it go as is.  If there are users out there who
> > want/need better support, we can grease them when they squeak.  The
> > question is whether or not to incorporate it into tools/libraries
> > targets of the top-level Makefile and include them in a binary
> > release.
>
> Why not, if it can make a user's life easier?  Hopefully it will get
> some use and we'll get the feedback.

O.k.  I'll see about cleaning that up towards the end of this week.

> > What I would find more annoying is the wikiness of the HTML found in
> > /usr/share/mlton/doc.  I'd vote to post-process the HTML to
> > eliminate the wiki action links, though I don't know how hard that
> > will be.
>
> That seems sensible, and easy.

In which case, I would further suggest that we hack the HTML to replace
the "MLton" in the banner with "MLton 20050817" so that it stamps the
release appropriately.  We can then hang the dewikied HTML off mlton.org
as the immutable documentation for the release and have the wiki portion
of mlton.org follow HEAD.