[MLton] more FFI revisions

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:38:21 +0200

On Aug 6, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Henry Cejtin wrote:
> If people really want to save keystrokes, perhaps we should put the
> type
> abbreviations needed into the MLton structure.  Then the only
> difference is
> to change
>     type1, type2
>     (type1, type2) ?.t
> which really is pretty minimal and, to me, the latter is much more
> understandable.

I just wanted to add my support to this idea.
I've always been in favour of the type signature matching the SML
type. =)
The change back to _address with pointer is also good imo.

> (What I really wish is that I could come up with a way to get rid
> of the
> wretched semicolon.)

Yeah, that would be nice.
Type inference might be one way to go, as discussed earlier.

It seems this is already checked in at revision 3948, so thanks!