[MLton] MLton released under new, BSD-style, license

Stephen Weeks sweeks@sweeks.com
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:19:00 -0700

I am pleased to announce that, as of today, the MLton project is
officially available under a BSD-style license.  For a copy of the
license, see

  http://mlton.org/License

I want to thank NEC for their support of the initial development of
MLton and for agreeing to release under this new license.  We think
the new license will broaden the appeal of MLton significantly.

Henceforth, contributions to the MLton project of code, documentation,
etc. must be made under this license.  As a reminder to us all, when
someone new contributes to the project, we should make them aware of
this.

Finally, because we worked for so long under the GPL, it is possible
that some GPL'd code slipped into the project.  We've done a careful
review and don't think there is any problem.  But if there is, please
let us know and we will remove the offending code or get the
contributor's approval for the new license.