[MLton] mlnlffigen is awesome (was: bootstrap problem)

Matthew Fluet fluet@cs.cornell.edu
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:12:53 -0400 (EDT)

> I would probably argue (although weakly) for having MLB path variables in
> a file instead of the command line (with the command line arg just pointing
> to the file).  The argument is that often different projects can share
> the variables so the extra indirection is useful.

Other reasons for only putting them in a file:
 * paths to libraries tend to be long (albeit, from the shell you might
   have path completion)
 * defining a path in term of other path variables may require extra
   quoting to protect an MLB path variable from shell/environment variable
   expansion