[MLton] CML bug?

Lukasz S Ziarek lziarek@cs.purdue.edu
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:15:10 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Matthew Fluet wrote:

>> when compiled with -const 'Exn.keepHistory true'
>>
>> skavena 161 $ build/bin/mlton -const 'Exn.keepHistory true' interSys.mlb
>> Type error: bad primapp
>> exp: Ref_assign (x_1, x_0)
>> val x_2 =
>>  Ref_assign (x_1, x_0)
>
>> I believe type error:bad primapp is being thrown in both case, just not
>> reported in the first.
>
> I don't understand what you mean; it is an (internal) type error at compile
> time.  Either it occurs and is reported, or it does not.  Keeping exception
> history does entail different transformations on the code, so different
> interal programs are being processed for the two different cases.
>
>> Please let me know if I can provide you with more information.
>
> I can't reproduce your bug.  My files look like:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ cat test.mlb $(SML_LIB)/basis/basis.mlb
> $(SML_LIB)/cml/cml.mlb
> test.sml

only difference is that my mlb has a local, in, end clause for the
libraries and uses complete paths instead of the path variables. I am
going to see if I can reproduce this on a different machine in my lab. Due
to my recent mlton build problems, I suspect this might be an error on my
end.  I will post anything of interest.

thank you for your help and quick resposnes,
Luke