[MLton] MLton on Debian hppa, powerpc, and sparc

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 01:52:45 +0200

On Aug 25, 2005, at 10:47 PM, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> What is the plan going forward for building MLton on Debian
> {hppa,powerpc,sparc}.  Will you always have to build binaries
> (spending 2-3 days for every time I upload), or is this only to solve
> the initial bootstrapping problem?

It is only necessary for the initial bootstrap.
The debian autobuilders for sparc and hppa can build mlton.
The powerpc autobuilder, however, has too little RAM.
Until they upgrade it, I will have to manually upload that.
OTOH,it's the easiest to build, and I my laptop is one. =)