[MLton] Welcome to Andreas Rossberg

Andreas Rossberg rossberg@ps.uni-sb.de
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:30:16 +0100

Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Welcome to Andreas Rossberg (http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~rossberg/), who
> has joined the MLton mailing list.  Andreas has been involved in the
> SML community for a long time and is the author of Hamlet, a reference
> implementation of SML.  He is now involved with Alice, an extension of
> SML with a number of neat features.  We're glad to have his input
> here.
>
> Welcome!

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Obviously, being involved with our own compiler, I am not a heavy user
of MLton. I mainly build HaMLet with it, plus some random little
programs occasionally. But as all of you, I've made significant
investments into SML and want to see a live community. And I believe
that MLton has become its main driving force these days - I'm impressed
by what you have achieved! MLton covers ground quite different from
Alice, so I thought it might be interesting to lurk a bit on this list
and see what you are up to. Hopefully I can provide some useful input as
well.

--
Andreas Rossberg, rossberg@ps.uni-sb.de

Let's get rid of those possible thingies!  -- TB