[MLton] Welcome to Scott Cruzen

Ray Racine rracine@adelphia.net
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:40:25 -0500

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 12:06 -0800, Stephen Weeks wrote:
> Welcome to Scott Cruzen (Excedrin on IRC), who has joined the MLton
> mailing list.  Scott is a system administrator who likes MLton/SML
> because of the ability to create simple programs (like log file
> analyzers) that run fast.

Hello Scott,

I have an MLton based log file analyzer as well.  Specifically IBM
WebSphere and Log4J styled output.  Regex based to tokenize the entries,
skip white noise ...

Similar entries are "folded" into one using a ratio metric based on the
Levenshtein Distance between two messages modulo white noise.  Also uses
a small HTML emitter library structured along the lines of MLton's
Layout module.  And yes it is fast.

I'd be interested in a log file utility code swap so I can steal all
your good stuff.  Contact me off list.

Ray