[MLton] bug in Socket structure signture

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley@terpstra.ca
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:59:42 +0200

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 12:44:27AM -0500, Henry Cejtin wrote:
> I agree that the fix is probably just a signature change.  The thing that has
> me slightly worried is that I can't find any explicit statement that the
> address family is necessarily the same as that of the socket.

They might have been concerned about dual-stack implementations. For
example. you can have a TCP socket that accepts both IPv4 and IPv6
connections. Nevertheless, in those cases I believe you get an IPv4 address
mapped into an IPv6 address...

Or perhaps this was a misguided attempt to be as general as possible?

--
Wesley W. Terpstra